It’s not easy, but it’s worth it. Share your experience or thoughts you have on coping with Cancer or any critical illness.

How to stay healthy during the holidays…

1 reply, 2 voices Last updated by Profile photo of Bre Bre 1 year, 3 months ago
  • Author
    Profile photo of Madeline-CM
    Madeline-CM
    Participant
    @madelinemm

During the holiday season, it can be easy to become overwhelmed by stress. Personally, I sometimes get very anxious about sticking to my normal health routine while balancing work responsibilities and family visits. When I’m visiting my family home in December, I’m always tempted to break my good habits and ignore my daily exercise needs or eat millions of chocolate candies! I think it’s good to manage your expectations around the holidays so you don’t feel disappointed in yourself come January. It’s unrealistic to expect yourself to stay super strict diet-wise – a little indulgence is good for your spirit!

What’s important, I think, is to try to stay as active as possible. Need a break from the festivities? Bundle up and take a walk! Does mom need something from the store? Volunteer to go for her! The more you can get out and move, the better you will feel at the end of the day. As for diet – try to fill your plate with a good amount of fresh fruits and veggies before loading up on mashed potatoes or candied yams. Remember – everything in moderation.

What do you do to stay healthy during the holidays? Please share your thoughts!

Spread the love
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
  • #10228 Reply
    Profile photo of Bre
    Bre
    Participant
    @wp1436977311428

Girl I feel you. Eating healthy over the holidays is nearly impossible for me. Honestly, yeah it’s bad to do it, but let’s be real, no one wants to watch themselves when there’s home cooked meals. It’s like dieting on vacation. Like you said…indulging isn’t necessarily a bad thing.

Although, it can get out of hand because all these holidays are stacked up onto each other…that’s where the trouble comes in. Just need to find the balance of when to know its okay, and then knowing when to cut back.

Also, it’s something stupid, but eating slowly makes you realize how much food actually fills you (a lot less then you think). Also, drinking water while eating.

All incredibly obvious, but easy to forget when you have great food in front of you :-)

Spread the love
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
Reply To: How to stay healthy during the holidays…

ERROR: Only register member can be part of this conversation .So Register Now Sign Up.

:bye: 
:good: 
:negative: 
:scratch: 
:wacko: 
:yahoo: 
B-) 
more...

Spread the love
  •  
  •  
  •